Ultra lightweight and portable, weather-resistant solar panel enables you to charge handheld USB/12V gear directly from the sun. Use a Goal Zero portable power pack and store power for your gear day or night.
- Solar Capacity: 7W
- Power Output: USB, 12V
- Ideal for: Guide 10, Switch 8, Smartphone, GPS, Headlamp
- Weight: 0.8 lbs
- Chainable: Yes
WHAT CAN THE NOMAD 7 SOLAR PANEL CHARGE?
The Nomad 7 will directly charge most USB and 12V devices (not tablets). Most handheld USB devices, include: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE NOMAD 7?
Goal Zero Switch 8 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus Recharger, and Rock Out Portable Speaker, Lighthouse 250 Lantern
CAN I USE THE USB AND 12V PORTS TO CHARGE DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Yes. The Nomad 7 will split the incoming solar power between the two ports to charge devices simultaneously. Some devices may not be compatible.
DON'T TAKE JUST OUR WORD FOR IT....
Product Review: GeekOSystem
Product Recommendation: Jimmy Chin (Photographer & Filmmaker)
Product Recommendation: Outside Magazine
Product Review: Treehugger.com
Product Review: OutdoorGearHead.com
Product Review: Live Stellar
Product Review: BackPackGearTest.org
Product Review: TraceMyPreps.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: Does the Nomad 7 Solar Panel hold a charge?
- A: No, the panel produces power only when exposed to sunlight. To generate the most power, angle the panel toward the sun. This improves your ability to collect power from the sun. Clouds and windows affect collection efficiency. If you would like to store power, combine the Nomad 7 with a Goal Zero recharger.
- Q: What can I charge directly from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS and iPods. You can plug in a 12V device and USB device at the same time, however, you will slow down the charge time for both devices.
- Q: Is the Nomad 7 Solar Panel waterproof?
- A: It is very weather-resistant and will not be harmed if exposed to rain or snow.
- Q: Why am I having trouble charging by cellphone from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: Some phones require very specific and constant power. Try changing the angle of your panel and re-plugging in your phone. Most charging issues are overcome by incorporating a Goal Zero portable recharger.
- Q: Can I chain multiple solar panels together?
- A: Yes. Chaining additional solar panels is a great way to charge your device from the sun in less time. You can chain up to four solar panels at once.