Polartec Alpha was primarily developed to provide US Navy Seals with an active insulation layer that is ultra-thin, lightweight, quick-drying, highly breathable, stretchy, water-repellent, packable and extremely warm, all at the same time.
We used the same material to construct the Climate 2 jacket; the ultimate, close-fitting insulating mid layer for active motorcyclists. As you would expect from us, we made sure it looks stunning as a casual, functional sports jacket. We reckon you will like it so much, you will probably end up wearing it even more off the bike than on the bike.
We also take into account that breathability is important, that's why we have partial ventilation at the armpits, further adding to its versatility as a mid layer or as a stand-alone garment.
- Polartec Alpha: POLARTEC Alpha is a highly efficient insulation fabric, which keeps the wearer warm when inactive and is highly breathable to wick moisture away when active.
- Polyester 75D: This one-way stretch, semi-dull fabric is made out of 75D polyester yarns.
- Water repellent
WATERPROOFING & BREATHABILITY:
- Thumb loop: The thumb loop found on this garment makes it easy to keep your top in place when pairing it with our jackets. Because of the thumb loop, it also properly stays in place also when putting gloves on.
- Insulating function
- Moisture wicking function: Perspiration is constantly moved away from the skin to the outer layer of the fabric, where it can evaporate quickly. This helps you to control your body temperature and keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Water catcher behind front zipper: A water catcher has been installed right behind the front zipper to ensure not one drop of water will enter the jacket.
- Tour fit
- Inner pockets
- Slit pockets
- Partly perforated outer shell