When you get really, really cold, your brain instructs your body to go into emergency mode and to protect your organs by transferring energy to your so-called core. Not so strange when you think about it, really. But it also explains why the Storm WB jacket has been constructed the wayit has been. We kept the core in mind when we made the Storm WB and this is how we were able to make it so potent.
Aside from the great insulation and moisture managing capacity of the Storm WB mid layer jacket, its key feature is the additional EXKIN Air insulation panels. These are located at strategic areas, placed behind the newly developed hydratex|WindBarrier fabric, providing a thinner, more comfortable experience without restricting the rider in terms of freedom of movement or comfort.
The hydratex|WindBarrier fabric has a double function. On the one hand, it completely blocks the wind and, on the other hand, it is also waterproof and highly breathable. So, get out there and have some cold-weather fun.
- Exkin Air: The Exkin Air insulation layer is an extremely lightweight, soft and warm, multi-layer structure that adds very little thickness to a jacket, pair of pants, or winter gloves. The optimum choice to keep your body warm, this padding is thin and perfectly soft, but still extremely warm. The CLO index (warmth insulation index) of Exkin Air is among the highest on the market. With maximum insulation performance and virtually zero bulk, this is one of the top insulation materials on the market.
- Hydratex|WindBarrier fabric: The hydratex|WindBarrier features a soft backing so it's comfortable against the skin. It's touted for its breathability and ability to block wind. Additionally, WindBarrier is a laminated three-layer fabric.
- Polyester 30D with WR finish: The matte finish and water repellant characteristics of this material make it ideal to use in a variety of products.
- Polyester spandex knit: Polyester spandex knit is a thin, stretchable material used to make items more flexible and comfortable.
WATERPROOFING and BREATHABILITY
- Water repellent and windproof front panel and sleeves
- Wind catcher behind front zipper: Behind the front a panel has been installed to block the wind.
- Thumb loop: The thumb loop found on this garment makes it easy to keep your top in place when pairing it with our jackets. Because of the thumb loop, it also properly stays in place also when putting gloves on.
- Insulating function
- Moisture wicking function: Perspiration is constantly moved away from the skin to the outer layer of the fabric, where it can evaporate quickly. This helps you to control your body temperature and keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Tour fit
- Chest pockets