The Poseidon 2 GTX trousers are the perfect complement to the aptly name jacket. Though, it's a standout piece on its own. Taking into account its name, "Poseidon," Greek god of the sea and the waters, you know just from its title that it has something to do with water. In this case, it's to keep the water out and you warm, dry and protected.
The outer shell is constructed by mixing 2-layer and 3-layer GORE-TEX fabrics, which reduce water pick-up to a minimum. The fabric then provides not only the highest level of waterproofing but breathability, too. This way, no matter how wet it gets out there on the road, your skin can still breathe comfortably. And keep you keep feeling good regardless of what the weather is doing.
On-demand airflow is provided by our patented VCS|aquadefence (Ventilation Control System). When opened, it provides ventilation to the legs. But if things take a turn for the worse, it's very easy to close and is 100% waterproof.
With the Poseidon 2 GTX Trousers, you get protection against the elements and also protection against the road. Our award-winning SEEFLEX CE-level 2 armor comes standard at the knees, and at the hips, we've included the breathable and flexible CE-level 1 SEESMART.
These are the most comprehensive, high-performance, directly laminated GORE-TEX trousers with on-demand airflow we've ever brought to the market. Knowing how many satisfied users are already out there loving their first-generation Poseidon GTX garments, we're confident that its successor will reach an even larger audience.
- SEEFLEX Level 2 CE protection: Certified CE-Level 2 according to the new norm EN1621-1:2012 the SEEFLEX protector is the latest innovation from the in-house R&D department. The new norm also tests the impact levels in various temperature ranges. The SEEFLEX protectors easily surpass the new norm without sacrificing wearer comfort.
- SEESMART CE-level 1 type B hip protector insert - version RV33
- 2L nylon 400D GORE-TEX fabric: This fabric is made of rugged 400 denier high-tenacity nylon that delivers superior abrasion and tear resistance. Laminating the GORE-TEX membrane to the nylon fabric creates a 100 percent waterproof, windproof and highly breathable outer shell that offers excellent wearer comfort.
- 3L GORE-TEX nylon 400D fabric: GORE-TEX shells are made for riding in extreme conditions. The fabric is made of rugged 400 denier high-tenacity nylon that delivers superior abrasion and tear resistance. A high-performance GORE-TEX membrane is bonded to a tough outer material and inner lining. The benefits of a 3-layer are less water pick up of the outer layer which results in breathable comfort for all weather conditions.
- 3L GORE-TEX Pro Armacor fabric: Pro Shell is a specific high-performance GORE-TEX membrane bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed, robust inner lining. Special GORE-SEAM tape technology ensures all seams are 100% waterproof. Thanks to its patented lattice structure with an integrated Kevlar core, ARMACOR Product Technology offers extreme resistance to tears and abrasion, yet lighter weight. Incorporated into the Everest GORE-TEX Pro Shell jacket, it will protect you in the event of a fall. This means safety and enhanced comfort - in all weather conditions. This top-performing fabric also has a solar-reflective finish, which, when exposed to direct sunlight, keeps the wearer cooler than standard black fabrics.
- Detachable thermal liner
- 3L GORE-TEX fabric
WATERPROOFING & BREATHABILITY:
- YKK slide lock front closure: This unique front closure works like a slide lock and once closed it won't open up spontaneously. The slide locks in