With a body made of composite materials, this Transit Compass is a lighter, more affordable alternative. It incorporates a cast NdFeB rare-earth magnet, precisely balanced on a sapphire bearing, resulting in a powerful magnet, which quickly seeks magnetic north and permits faster readings.
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
- Single NdFeB magnet resists demagnetization better than other types of magnets for increased reliability
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90Â° or 100% grades
- A percent grade sale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustments allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180Â°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Composite body material has less thermal retention
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- O-rings make the ComPro waterproof for increased reliability
- Leather case included
- 0-90Â° Quadrants
- Overall dimensions: 3.2" x 2.8" x 1.3"
- Weight: 5.7 oz